Monday, May 12, 2008

This knitter grows up...




Tomorrow I have a nine hour journey to Amsterdam, via Frankfurt. I refuse to check any luggage, so my clothes and ‘essentials’ have been packed in my little ‘wheelie bag’, which I usually use to transport my laptop. I can get by with very little as I have done lots of business travel and know how to mix and match, and some items can be hand-washed, so packing for a week in one small bag is no problem. But, my concern is what will I take to knit?? Socks? A shawl? I have some lovely black kid silk haze, but am not sure I will be able to see it in the dim cabin lighting of the overnight flight to make sure the lace pattern is correct. I might make another pair of Fetching, sweet little cabled fingerless gloves, like the ones I made in the photo. That would be easy and fun! Strange to find that my worries about what to knit far outweigh my concerns of dressing professionally (including outfit for gala dinner!). Maybe I have really become a knitter.

No comments: