Sunday, April 15, 2012

A month of Sundays...



If I had a month of Sundays I would…

• Read a raft of fairy tales and get lost in the pictures painted within.
• Bake carrot-ginger muffins with fat golden raisins hidden inside.
• Colour in my colouring books with paints and pencils.
• Knit a sweater for my Love that whispers "I care deeply for you".
• Stretch into yoga poses to ease the tension in my body.
• Nap in the pool of sunshine that covers our bed in the afternoons.
• Picnic in the park, sharing breadcrumbs with the birds.
• Sit in the back yard to simply listen to the wind in the trees.
• Take a long bubble bath.
• Give myself a tarot card reading with my favourite deck.
• Create a wild rice and vegetable soup with bright green peas.
• Listen to Van Morrison.
• Visit the Art Gallery to expand my mind.
• Learn a new-to-me constellation in the spring sky.
• Write a poem to the pussy willows.
• Bake shortbread cookies with a bit of Grand Marnier and cranberries.
• Take a walk through an unfamiliar park.
• Make a necklace using blue and yellow beads.
• Write a letter to someone I love.
• Write an English sonnet about the heavens above.
• Listen to our cat purr and watch her fall asleep.
• Sew a dress for myself.
• Make a berry smoothie for breakfast.
• Visit a friend and bring a gift of chocolate.
• Go to church and sing to God.
• Tidy up my desk.
• Make chocolate cupcakes with white icing.
• Learn a new knitting technique.
• Ride my bike outside.
• Prepare the garden for spring.
• Count my blessings.

No comments: