Saturday, April 19, 2008

Little flying monsters...


Oh the horror! It has been happening off and on these past few weeks. Usually at night. The kitties were alert and tried their best. They moved this way and jumped that way,while the moths flitted that way and flotted another. I tried to kill the little monstrs with the ‘hand-clapping’ method as it is known to be quick and painless. Apparently my vision and coordination are no longer what they once were. Those *bleepity bleep* moths were darn hard to catch!

Normally such occurrences would be classified as a “Meh, just a minor annoyance”. But this abode is anything but normal. This house has a stash of yarn from some of the most amazing yarn shops in North America (I can say that ‘cause I bought yarn in Chicago and Portland once!). It is all waiting to be knit into beautiful garments. Someday. That is what makes these moth sightings so disturbing. My stash is at risk. Red level alert risk!

So… I started the process of checking each ball, skein, hank, and cake carefully, looking for evidence of moths. The sock yarn was the first to undergo the scrutiny. Luckily, no moth evidence was found. It was so amazing to see all the sock yarn laid out in one place. I had no idea I had collected so much sock yarn! It was worthy of a photo (see above!).

I will be checking all the other stash later today to ensure there has not been a moth infestation.
As I don’t have a wide-angle lens for my little digital camera, there may not be any other pictures to post. But you can bet I will be spending this weekend on ‘Moth Patrol’. Be sure to check your stash to make certain all is well.

No comments: